For many of us, an animal is more than just a pet; they’re a member of our family. They’re with us through many occasions – happy and sad – providing comfort, companionship and cuddles. If you have fond memories of times with your animals, why not ensure other families will also be able to experience the joy an animal brings to the household by leaving a gift to the Rotorua SPCA in your Will.
If you already have a Will, all you need to make is a simple modification that includes a codicil, which enables a bequest to Rotorua SPCA to be made. A codicil is a supplement to a Will that is intended to alter or modify it. Please make sure your codicil is checked and approved by your legal advisor.
If you don’t yet have a Will, when you are preparing one with an appropriate legal professional, wording along the following lines will be included for your bequest
“I give and bequeath the sum of $_________ (or) __________% of my estate, (or) residue of my estate, (or) property or assets as follows… free of all charges, to Rotorua SPCA. The official receipt of the Chief Executive or other authorised officer of the Trustee is an absolute discharge to my executors.”
Options for leaving something to Animal Welfare in your Will
There are several ways in which you can make a gift. Consider these options
- The simplest is by way of a residue gift. After providing for your family, you can nominate that you want to leave part or all of what is left of your estate (the residue) to Rotorua SPCA.
- Another way is by leaving a nominated percentage or fraction of your estate to Rotorua SPCA.
- Or you may prefer to leave a specific gift – an amount of money, real estate, jewellery, shares, bonds or such other gift as you wish to nominate.
- Leave us the contents or part contents of your house for our Opshop - we can clear houses for estates.
- Geyser Community Foundation has a special Rotorua SPCA Endowment Fund. You can now safely make donations and leave endowments in your will to Rotorua SPCAand know that your gift will benefit the Society as you intend. The money stays in Rotorua and these funds will benefit the animals in our local community for the long term
If you have any questions or would like to discuss leaving a bequest, please contact us on (07) 347 2955
Support your community
Giving in your Will is an easy way to make a difference.
Rotorua SPCA is doing fabulous things in our local community and they deserve our support. Donation and gifts made through the Geyser Community Foundation to the Rotorua SPCA Fund will benefit Rotorua SPCA forever!
Geyser provides a unique and effective way to support your local community:
- Donated capital remains forever!
- Investment income supports Rotorua SPCA – forever!
Contact the Geyser Community Foundation today to find out more on 07 349 7496.